The Ponds Shopping Centre was a Design and Construct contract of a new 18,000m² shopping centre, consisting of a 4000m² Woolworths supermarket, 27 specialty stores, two kiosks and basement car parking.
The shopping centre was the final piece of infrastructure to support the new and vibrant Ponds community, and caters for the needs of the current demographic and cultural diversity of the area. The Centre was designed to be easily accessible on foot, by road, bicycle and public transport.
Some key access and entry features include:
– Safe pedestrian access along The Ponds Boulevard footpath
– Plenty of car parking. Approximately 250 covered underground car spaces with a travelator and a passenger lift to the covered mall and approximately 100 on-grade spaces adjacent to the main entry
– Car park access points off Riverbank Drive and The Ponds Boulevard
– Access for service vehicles from The Ponds Boulevard to a screened loading dock and garbage collection area located behind the Centre away from the street
– Disability access from frontages and parking areas
The Ponds Shopping Centre is Australia’s first and only 6 Star Green Star Retail Centre Design v1 shopping centre. This rating demonstrates World Leadership in environmentally sustainable design, as measured by the Green Building Council of Australia.