The Property Industry Foundation is our primary charity. Their cause is youth homelessness; a problem that our society can fix with the enough willpower and resources. Over the years, we have been involved in many ways:
- We are proud to have been Gold members since November 2007.
- Providing financial assistance and services to assist with and manage the renovation of a hostel for homeless youth as part of the Rebuild a Young Life Program in Redfern.
- Participating in the National Hard Hat day fund raiser each year and have regularly raised over $20,000 – the highest of any builder involved in the campaign.
- Entry and participation in annual balls, the Regatta, car rally and cycling events.
- Providing staff to work on promotions such as Winter Woollens, Poker Nights, the Regatta and the family Car Rally day.
And a Little Extra….
Every few years we make an effort to do something different; something original. We look for opportunities to involve the company and involve the broader construction community to raise even more for needy causes.
- In 2014 we raised $60,000 for PIF through their annual Tour de PIF ride whereby 17 of our staff and 13 clients/associates participated in the gruelling 116km ride. We were the highest fundraising company.
- In 2011, we developed a ‘Beards for Boobs’ fundraiser event for Pink Ribbon Day. The participants, including Mainbrace directors, grew beards which were dyed pink. Our fundraising target was exceeded, with $36,000 being raised for the Cancer Council of Australia. The Cancer Council has since adopted the idea for wider promotion.
- In 2008, Mainbrace raised $44,000 through a concerted National Hard Hat Day campaign for PIF.
- In 2006, well before Movember was the norm, we raised $27,500 growing some very ordinary mos across the organisation.
- In 2005, we Shaved for a Cure raising $56,000 by having all five directors shave their heads (for a price of course). We were the fifth highest fundraiser in Australia.